Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Quite Exciting Update

Well, where to start. I will start with a couple of weeks ago. I had a filling in my tooth that had come out, and so I needed to get it refilled. So i went to a dentist that is one of the better ones a little outside of town. When i sat down, the dentist grabs the drill and says, "ok, open up." I was shocked, I was like, " You are gunna drill my mouth now?!? Isn't that going to hurt?" The dentist says, " No, no pain." Ok ya right no pain! I thought I was going to die when he started drilling my tooth with out novocaine. Then he asked me if I wanted a shot and i was like Oh yes i do. And then my tooth was fix. But boy howdy that was an experience. And this week we did a mini outreach in Arusha town. We stayed at a church called All Nations. But the church is in the process of being built, so we slept in tents on the church property. It was a really good week. We did door to door ministry, just sharing the Word of God to people. I believe about 6 people got saved and that was just with the one group out of 5 or 6 that we had going around to different areas of Arusha. This church is surrouned by 7 mosque's, 1 sikh temple, and 1 hindu temple. On wednesday, 6 of us had gone to a restaurant that was right across the street from the building in front of the church. Well the other 4 had left because Jordan and i had to take a restroom break before we went back. We didnt know the other 4 were leaving. So we just walked back to the church. On the way back we had to go between these buildings. Well there were 7 guys walking towards us and all of a sudden they grabbed Jordan and i noticed and started to run, and i screamed. LIKE A GIRL! then they grabbed me. They held knives to our throats and told us that they were gunna kill us. They stole our wallets, which had our drivers lisence, money, and copies of our passports. They also stole both of our watches, and they also ripped my necklace off of my neck. They didnt take it off. Oh no, they ripped is off of my neck. And it hurt. They didnt hurt us other then just choking us to hold us still. God totally had his protection around us during that. Once i saw the knife and they took me to the ground i just started praying and God was definately in our presence. So for those of you at home reading this who have been continually praying for me, please pray that God just continues to protect us. Well thats all i have time for. I will right more soon about this week, but i have to go.
God Bless
-Daniel

1 comment:

eyelashkisses said...

That is definitely a BOY HOWDY!!! Hh my gosh Daniel, that is intense. My roommate and I started a small group and we've been praying for you every week. I miss you soo much, but this is totally where God wants you and that's exciting!

Love,
Jennifer