Friday, October 12, 2007

IM SORRY

Alright everyone. Im very sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. The power always goes our which means no internet. And i just haven't had very much time. I tried to upload pictures on this page last time but for some reason it didnt work. So if you would like to see some pictures you can go on my friends webpage www.flickr.com/peanutbrittle and see some pictures he has taken. Sorry for the inconvenience. And im sorry for those who look at this all the time and have seen nothing new. So basically we have just been doing classes with a different theme each week. None of us can believe that we have actually been here for 5 weeks already. Time is going by so quickly. Ok, I will write about some of the people that are in my DTS with me. We have 4 other fellow Americans on this DTS. There is a young married couple who are from Washington state, one guy from Indiana, and one more guy from Texas. There is also a girl from Germany, and one guy from Finland, and another from Sweden. There are about 10 Tanzanians and 10 Kenyans also. Not all of us speak English so the DTS is in English and in Swahili. Its very interesting and really cool to see how we communicate with eachother even though we dont speak the same language. There is a lot of pointing, miming, and yelling. I dont particularly understand why everyone, including myself, think that by yelling it might make them understand you. Its quit funny. We are all like a big family here and its amazing to be surrounded by people who share the same love for God as you have. We will be doing a mini 3 day outreach camping in Massai Land. (which is just one of the areas where the Massai people live.) other than that, that is all thats been going on. Just keep praying for all of us. That would be great. Thank you all. Love you
God Bless
-Daniel

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Daniel,
I just want you to know that I am so proud of what you are doing and what you are learning. You have the greatest gift that God can give and that is love. You also have the gift of drive to help others. I love you! Nicole